Monday 26 November 2007

Cicsco VPN Client on Mac OS X Leopard 10.5

I have been trying to set up my MacBook Pro to use for work for the last couple of weeks in my spare time. Getting applications installed, getting stuff configured etc...



So today I finally made the decision to make the switch for work. The litmus test for me is of course, the Cisco VPN 3000 client must work period. If I can't log into my work computers, I'm wasting my time. So I got the latest version from Sun and installed that to get the settings. Then found the latest version of the client on version tracker.



Everything installed fine, but after I restarted my machine I got the infamous "Error 51" blah blah, your VPN client doesn't work error.



Well I thought I was hosed, then I found this post by Anders Brownworth and it saved my bacon. Run this command to reset the client:

sudo /System/Library/StartupItems/CiscoVPN/CiscoVPN restart



and you are good to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment