Tuesday 18 December 2007

Google Docs Rocks

I ran across this story on Techcrunch. It states only about 0.5 percent of people are using online Word processors like Google Docs.



The numbers don't surprise me. I was a bit skeptical myself, but I have been using Google Docs for about 3 or 4 mounts now and just love it. Basically, its an HTML based Word Processor that runs in your browser. Its reasonably fast, does everything I need, and allows me to store all my documents on the Internet. Thus I can get to them no matter where or what computer I am on. Plus, I can export any document to Open Office if I need to do anything "fancy".



The numbers are not big right now, but pretty soon, in the near future, all of our desktop office applications will run from our browser.

No comments:

Post a Comment