Monday 25 August 2008

Painless Acer Aspire One upgrade for wpa2-enterprise

I recently purchased an Acer Aspire One netbook running the Linpus (fedora) OS. Long story short I love it! At 1Kg it's the envy of my fellow geeks!

However I could not use it to connect to our corporate wireless network because the Linpus OS and Network Manager installed does not support WPA2-Enterprise. So starting with this conversation on the Acer Aspire One Forum here's what I did to upgrade the Network Manager:

NOTE: It would appear that the prior instructions, as of 2008-10-09, are no longer valid. Therefore a shell script and archive that contains all that I needed to update the default Network Manager to one that supports WPA2-Enterprise are stored on my google site page.

Reboot the Acer Asprie One after installing the new Network Manger and enjoy WPA2-Enterprise.

For more information about this and all things Aspire One checkout the very informative Acer Aspire One Forum.

No comments:

Post a Comment