Friday 28 November 2008

Acer Aspire One - painless tsclient/rdesktop install

I recently installed Terminal Server Client (tsclient) and Remote Desktop (rdesktop) on my Acer Aspire One. Here's a little background on what I did to get remote access to the Microsoft Windows servers in my data-center from my Acer Aspire One netbook.


The complete installation information is at this Google Site.





Background:

tsclient - Terminal Services Client is a front end for rdesktop and other remote desktop tools.

rdesktop - remote desktop is an open source client for Microsoft's proprietary Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP).

The Install in Brief:
  • Install rdesktop using yum
  • Download tsclient-0.150-5.fc8.i386.rpm from rpmfind.net
  • Install tsclient using rpm

Once installed the AA1 desktop is modified to display the Terminal Services Client icon for ease of use.

No comments:

Post a Comment