Monday 29 March 2010

Bring forth the Pay Walls

SiliconValley.com has this post announcing a pay wall for the Time and Sunday Times of London. Starting June 1, the paper will cost about $150 a year and will provide "enhanced" features.



A pay wall is not a bad idea, especially if you provide really good "enhanced" content. ESPN has been doing this for years. However, I think they are charging too much. I discontinued my Wall Street Journal account because $150 is just too much for what you get. I just wanted to the news, I am not a day trader. They really need to identify their audiences and charge appropriately.



If Fox just cuts their prices to say $25 - $60 a year, I think they will be much more successful. My guess is they will have limited success at this price.

No comments:

Post a Comment