Saturday 3 April 2010

iPad finally Released!



After much hoopla, the Apple iPad was released today. Since I'm visiting my parents in Alamosa, I'm nowhere near any Apple store. I can't find any coverage online and such, but I did find this story from the Chicago Tribune with techies commenting on the impact of the new device.



The conversation seems to be clustering around the Apple closed store and single tasking OS versus Google Android and its open store and multitasking operating system. I tend to side with the open tribe. In the long run, more open systems and software win out. Is this the PC versus Mac battle all over again? But this time, it is smart phones and tablets. With a new iPhone coming out this summer and dozens of Android devices on the way, it is going to be an interesting next couple of years.

No comments:

Post a Comment