Tuesday 8 June 2010

Direct TV Bricked All their DVRs?

Did Direct TV Brick all their DVRs last night?  That appears to be the case. A lot of people are reporting the DVRs no longer work this morning.



The suggested fix. Unplug your DVR for 15 seconds. Plug back in. Unplug for 15 seconds. Plug back in.



I have tried this twice and it did not work for me. My DVR appears to be a boat anchor now. Folks on twitter are reporting that it worked for them. Someone in their software group is in big trouble this morning. :)



Update: If the above does not work for you, hit the red reset button twice, or reset your DVR twice in 30 minutes. Once I hit the reset button, I could turn on my DVR with the button on the front of the machine. But the DVR still did not respond to the remote after I turned it off again. After the second reset, all seems to be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment