Friday 15 October 2010

TinyUmbrella - New UI Complete!

3GS / 3G Users - DO NOT USE TINYUMBRELLA in an attempt to save your baseband. It will not work. The baseband protection is for iPhone 4 *ONLY*.





After months of work I've finished the UI rewrite of TinyUmbrella. I've added quite a few things to this little app. It's definitely come a long way and I want to thank all of you for making it the success it's become. Here are some new features in 4.1.8:

  • Totally redesigned UI for all platforms (inspired by chpwn refined by me)

    • Original artwork by iOPK of Chronic Dev Team

    • Spinny Icon code (thanks to technomage)

    • Quaqua look and feel (sorry mac only due to license restrictions)

    • Much cleaner look and feel all around

  • Known Devices!

    • Now all devices detected by TinyUmbrella are saved for future use!

    • You can remove them as well :) (Right click -> delete from history)

    • You can save SHSH with known devices as well (No more requirement for the device to be connected)

  • Recovery Devices

    • If you connect a device in recovery mode you can still kick it out of recovery (Right click -> Kick out of recovery)

  • Save SHSH now saves ALL SHSHs available at Cydia with one button press!

  • Preferences

    • Change SHSH save directory

  • Proxies (Web and Socks) for those that need them!

  • Better port 80 detection.

I hope this release helps you obtain and keep your SHSH's locally. In the future I plan on adding activation and restores sans iTunes. (These are both HUGE in terms of development effort so bear with me).





I'm working on a troubleshooting guide that I will have posted in the Quick Links section.

No comments:

Post a Comment