Monday 27 June 2011

Nook Touch Battery is not Holding Charge

I just got back from a week long trip. Much to my frustration, my brand new Nook Touch can't hold a charge longer than 4 days. This is not good for a device advertised to hold a charge for 2 months under normal use.



So to eliminate possible issues I:

  1. Turned off Wifi

  2. Removed my 8gb MicroSD card

The Nook showed no improvement. If anything it got worse.



So I called tech support this morning. First person was clueless. Second person disconnected. Third person (who was helpful) suggested I drain the device 100%. Then let the device charge for 4.5 hours to see if that resets the battery.



That should take 24 hours to try (for the battery to drain all the way). I will report back with the results.



Update: I fixed my Nook. Details can be found in a newer post here.

No comments:

Post a Comment