Monday 5 February 2007

Copenhagen Top Ten (or not?)

On a recent trip my wife and I took to Copenhagen (her first European trip) we comprised our top ten things we DIDN'T expect to see in Copenhagen (Denmark in general).

10. So many bicycles (Kim). Bikes we expected... but double decker bike racks at the train stations?
9. Witch at the Hovedbaneg�rden (Keith). I swear I saw a witch right out of a Macbeth!
8. Roskilde teenagers (both) -- we 'planned' our trip to Roskilde right before the music festival (oops)
7. Fruit stands on the street (Kim).
6. 7-11s everywhere! (both). When did this happen? Guess there are worse American exports (see #2).
5. Guy wearing a dress on the Str�get (Keith). The combat boots 'made' the dress! I do hope he was wearing a slip but suspect I am wrong.
4. A "Sister" cleaning the rooms in our hotel. (both). She even had an accent from the islands.
3. Two gay guys in Rosenburg Gardens (Keith). "Not that their is anything wrong with THAT"... but come on... get a room! I would say the same if it were a heterosexual couple too. That much 'free love' needs a room.
2. Hummer (both). Even in America an H2 Hummer is large... seeing one in downtown Copenhagen, it's obscenely large!
1. Graduation Caps (both). These caps rock! Graduation caps in America suck compared to these!

No comments:

Post a Comment