Monday 19 February 2007

Google Notebook Rocks!

Where was I when Google Notebook came out? Asleep I would imagine. Wow! What a great service. Notebook came out in May of 2006. It has been recently updated to include sharing, drag and drop, trashing and undoing as well as access to it from your Google 'homepage'.

Why do I like Google Notebook? One word... bookmarks.

What's wrong with bookmarks?

I have a set on my laptop (OS: FreeBSD; browser: Firefox). I have another set on my office workstation (OS: WinXP; browser: Firefox). I have yet another set on my home workstation (OS: Ubuntu; browser: Firefox). Now each set of bookmarks are unique to what I am doing on the computer in question. Work: Windows API links. Laptop: BSD Links. Home: Unix programming tips.

So what makes Google Notebook so very cool is that it allows me to share 'bookmarks' across servers. Now I can even share them with friends via my Google homepage.

No comments:

Post a Comment