Friday 9 October 2009

Coming soon...

UPDATE: I've started working on the module that will intercept https requests from itunes to their activation server (albert). I'm adding a much-needed GUI to TinyTSS along with an option for soft/local activation. Soft Activation will (as of now) probably require some SIM information from your friend-with-an-official-carrier's SIM. Until/Unless I find a way to activate using an unofficial imei/imsi, this may be required.

UPDATE: I've been able to capture an activation request/response session. I'm looking at what would be required to turn this to an offline feature. After looking at it, this solution may soft activate unlocked phones as well. This means it would no longer be necessary to switch sim cards with a friend on an official carrier to activate your unofficial sim. I'll keep you all posted with more developments.

To make TinyTSS a bit more useful, I've decided to take a crack at implementing offline activation. Currently, TinyTSS will spoof the real TSS service but it still requires a net connection because of the activation request that is sent to albert.apple.com. I'm currently working on adding that functionality to TinyTSS and maybe (if possible) adding the activation response grabber to Umbrella. My hopes are that this will allow complete and total offline firmware restoration.

As this is quite a bit more difficult to implement, it will take me some time to implement. My motivation is luke-warm for the feature but I'm curious how many of you would be interested in this functionality. Vote with your comments (heh or your donations :) )


On Donations-

I've always sworn that Umbrella and TinyTSS will never have a donate button marring their UI. I don't believe in shamelessly begging folks for cash. So, because I have received quite a few emails asking how I can be reached for donations, I've decided to put a donate button on the sidebar. It's small and fairly tasteful.

Note that I appreciate anything you feel like donating. But remember that donations are completely voluntary. (Although big donations are a great way to get someone's ear). I never expect anything but I greatly appreciate what you do give.

No comments:

Post a Comment