Saturday 31 October 2009

Windows 7 First Impressions



Well I have played with Windows 7 for a few days now. Its very interesting. Kind of a cross between Mac OS X and Window XP. Since I have only limited experience with Vista I can't really make a comparison there.



The start menu defaults to a kind of history of apps you have executed. Any app icon can be pinned to the menu permanently. The All Programs option is now sort of a click thru instead of pop ups. When you select an option from the menu, it pops up in place instead of growing to the right. A big improvement in usability if you ask me.



The taskbar just shows the icon for an application, much like the doc for OS X.  There will allow you to put a lot more apps on there. Also a big improvement.



So far so good. I think I can definitely upgrade my XP systems with this OS.

No comments:

Post a Comment