Monday 19 October 2009

JIndenter First Option of NetBeans 6.7.1 Project Menu?

Duke Waving

I'm trying not to be angry as I write this post. But NetBeans developers why is JIndenter the first option when you right click the Project menu under the Files tab?



I was just finishing up a short project (i.e., example code) that will be seen by customers. I accidentally selected this option (my hand slipped), and the plugin proceeded to reformat all my code without a confirmation!  Not only did it add a comment spam to each of my source files, but since I had never configured the plugin, it messed up all my tabs.



Suggestions:

  1. Before globally rewriting someone's code, display a confirmation.

  2. Maybe an option like this should not be the first option on the menu? Just a thought.

Obviously I should have checked in a few times today and this would not be an issue. So it is really my fault. But really, this feature should be reconsidered. This happened on NetBeans 6.7.1 on OS X 10.5. Thanks for your consideration. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment