Monday 26 July 2010

Google Notebook is a Fantastic Journaling Tool!

Google LogoJust a quick note on a diamond in the rough dear readers. A few years ago, Google created Google NoteBook as a link sharing service. Something like Delicious I suppose. Well... as a link sharing service it was a failure and they stopped development on the project in the spring of 2009.



Well a month our two back I started playing around with the tool and realized this thing is freaking awesome as a personal journal. I keep a journal for work so I can prove what I did when the year end review comes up. Also, I like to store any sort of text data or links I may need for future reference. Google notebook is just great at this! It is easy to create individual entries. Just click and start typing. You can label each entry for easy search later. In addition, it is easy to create hierarchy to put your entries into different buckets and thus making it easy to navigate around your journal. Plus, its really easy to export the whole to HTML for safe keeping.



As an online personal journal tool, Google Notebook is pretty much perfect. So if you are interested in that sort if thing, check it out. You will be glad you did. And Google... change the name from Notebook to Journal or Diary and I think you have a hit on your hands. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment