Thursday 15 July 2010

iOS 4.0.1 and iPad 3.2.1 is out

For all of you that did not get your iOS 4.0 shsh or 3.2 shsh I'm sorry. Apple has stopped signing them. It is now confirmed.



I have updated TinyUmbrella to work with 4.0.1 and 3.2.1. I have now released
4.01.01 which will allow you to save 4.0.1 and 3.2.1 SHSHs for iphone/ipt/iphone4 and ipad respectively.





I've made mediafire the mirror for downloads and ifile.it the primary. I'm still working on a better solution for hosting. (I'm possibly going to go the torrent route)





I've also linked the source. Don't bug me about building it.




EDIT: If you have a Mac and the app is bouncing - you likely did not read the readme.





I've received many instances where folks would get some error message about WinSock or jvm_bind etc. This is likely due to a firewall restriction on your machine. You may need to disable your firewall and/or Anti virus software because I do the following:



  1. Load an unrelated library (iTunesMobileDevice.dll)

  2. Edit your hosts file (some anti virus software does not like this)

  3. Start a server accepting connections on port 80

  4. Write a file named (hosts.umbrella) next to your hosts file saving your original hosts file so you have a permanent backup before any of my changes (hosts.umbrella never gets overwritten)

These things raise flags with some very paranoid AV software.





Also folks. Selecting Apple will request your SHSH from apple. Select Cydia will request your SHSH from Cydia (if he has it he will return it if he does not, he will request it from Apple and then save it



No comments:

Post a Comment