Wednesday 27 April 2011

Asus Eee Pad Transformer sells out online on day one

iPhone iPad pictureYou know how I have been writing about the EEE Pad Transformer the last couple of weeks. And I have been looking forward to getting my hands on the first Android Honeycomb 3.0 tablet for $399. Well... the EEE pad came out yesterday and is already sold out. :(



Asus Eee Pad Transformer sells out online on day one - Yahoo! News



I guess I should not be surprised. Although it is not on the radar of much of the tech media, Engadget alone has probably built up enough buzz to sell it out. Also, it is my understanding they are shipping pretty low quantities to the US as the device was launched in other countries first.



One other fact learned in the last week. The keyboard that makes the transformer tranform, is not free. It costs an additional $150. So really the device has a price of $549 as opposed to $399 when all is included.

No comments:

Post a Comment