Thursday 21 April 2011

The Scoop on the Apple iPhone is Big Brother Brouhaha

I know a story in tech is big when I hear about from my not so geeky parents. The big story the last couple of days is the discovery that the iPhone keeps tracking data related to your location. Obviously an attempt by Steve Jobs to control your lives and take over the world. Bwahahahahahaha!!!!! I wonder where he hides his evil lair in Palo Alto? (It has to be under a Starbucks! They are working together I'm sure!)



Well, a lot more information has come to light. It seems this really is not a new revelation. Nor is it that unique, Android does the same sort of thing. Apparently information like this helps all those cool mapping tools we all love. But I will leave the details to the professionals.



Why is Apple's iOS logging location information? [Updated] | TechBlog | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle



3 Major Issues with the Latest iPhone Tracking �Discovery� | Alex Levinson

No comments:

Post a Comment